Austrian Institute of Technology
We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources in Vienna invites applications for a:
– Molecular Diagnostics –
- You work on the role of biological barriers in health and disease with a focus on the blood-brain barrier and the role of extracellular vesicles (EVs).
- You elucidate the molecular mechanisms of EVs uptake by recipient cells, intracellular processing, and release of vesicles on the opposed side of the barrier.
- You investigate the observed tropism of EVs, particularly of exosomes, i.e. whether targeting for transcytosis of vesicles is determined by their cellular origin.
- You combine high-throughput screening methods and cell culture models to evaluate the interaction between EVs and the blood-brain barrier.
- You implement novel methods to follow the intracellular fate of EVs.
- You study EV transport under conditions of ischemia
- You support and supervise master students in the lab, write conference contributions and publish results in leading scientific journals.
- You unravel the role and transport mechanisms of extracellular vesicles at the blood-brain barrier in health and disease using e.g. cutting edge hiPSC-based cell models and microscopic techniques.
- You are integrated in an interdisciplinary team evaluating in vitro/in vivo correlations.
- MSc. in life sciences, e.g. molecular biology, molecular medicine, biotechnology, meurosciences, pharmaceutical sciences or a related field.
- Experimental skills in cell culture (preferentially endothelial, epithelial, hiPS cells, fibroblasts), preoteinchemistry and molecular biology
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong sense for responsibility and team spirit
What to expect:
EUR 2.237,60 – gross per month for 30 hours/week, for 36 months. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international AIT PhD community and participate in our AIT PhD framework program. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of PhD theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly!
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us – that’s why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students.
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
For further information please contact:
PD DI Dr. Winfried Neuhaus, winfried.neuhaus(at)ait.ac.at
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ait.ac.at.